Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

In article ,
Terry wrote:

We were on a party line when I was young. I picked up the phone one
day and a neighbor was ranting to the phone company.

He said........If I can't talk to my mother on Mother's day, you can
just come get this GD phone!

It will be in the front yard when you get here!

Hehehehehe! That almost sounds like some of the customers I have dealt with.

Mother's Day was, and probably still is, the busiest day of the year, long
distance-wise. It was, and may still be, often difficult to get a
direct-dialed call to "go through" on the first attempt on Mother's Day.

You would be surprised to learn the number of folks that call their mother on
Mother's Day - and make the call COLLECT!
--

JR