Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Capping an artesian well

On Oct 9, 4:12 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
I was thinking of substitutes for the commercial plug. Do you think a bicycle
innertube could be shoved in with a rod and inflated to seal it diring the
addition? You'd need to be able to pull it back out through the valve after
deflating.

Bob

"Jeff Dieterle" wrote in message

Use a pneumatic pipe plug made for your well pipe size, they pump up with a
bicycle tire pump, if it holds the flow install your valve setup so you can
extract your pipe plug. Depending on the pipe plug this may mean you go to a
larger valve, probably a gate valve. If you can't find a glued setup that
allows you to extract the pneumatic plug though the valve, just glue on a
threaded adapter so you have threads to work with.

"The Fisherman" wrote in message
.. .
Hello all,

I have an artesian well that has been disconnected from my house and
is now only a 1 5/8" inch PVC pipe sticking out of the ground in my
front yard.

It flows at about 5 gallons per/minute.

I currently have a plastic cap on it with a hose clamp to stop it from
running.

I'd like to put a hose bib on it so that I can use the water in
various uses when I want to.

How in the world can I work with this? How can I glue anything to this
pipe while it's running?

Is there some method that would allow me to cap this thing properly
where I could then add on to this system? Getting a valve into the
line is my problem.

How can I put a valve into this line?- Hide quoted text -

Soccer ball? Football bladder?

Harry K