Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default OT- Portable Nuclear Power Plants

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Vaughn,

Hmmmmm....so, I wonder...why we still have coal-fired plants, and why
the latest plants built are coal-fired too? Just cost? Just time (to
build)? Just disposal problems? Just politics? Or do you see an
actual purpose for the coal-fired units, at least at present?

And just a question about your statement...

..."I could watch power vary from (say) 10% to well over 50%"

Are you saying a variation of 10% to 50% of full power, or 10 to 50%
of say 80% baseline, was automatically controlled through NTC? Or
would the cooling towers see a fair load shed? And would this power
generation be at the suggested 1500 possible changes per shift? What
am I, and apparently all the people that are debating this here in
Ontario, missing?

Interesting stuff!!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Here is Texas we just narrowly averted a coal power disaster
as the politicos seem to have been (temporarily) bought by the
coal industry.

AIUI, they suddenly changes their considered opinion when the
voters themselves (pesky things that they are) voiced a loud
contrary opinion. Some foolishness about clean air, if you
can believe that...

The squeemish should not watch Law and Sausages being created.

Richard