Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AWN AWN is offline

Default Oxy/acet torch questions

According to my local shop, all Victor torches or reputable quality have the
arresters built into the torch now. I haven't necessarily found this to be
my experience but I digress... The advice on the QC function is good sound
advice... Thanks again!
Andrew.

I'm no O/A expert, but a couple thoughts on the arresters:

- O/A built the entire modern world, and all before the arresters were
invented.

- The US is lawsuit crazy and if arresters were truly essential, the
product liability insurance carriers for Victor, etc. would insist that
such arresters were included as standard equipment rather like the
crappy anti kickback chains included with even professional grade chain
saws (they get thrown out by the pros).

- If you want the extra security of arresters, get the combo quick
connect / arresters so you get some actual utility for your investment.