Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Should Recalls Cause A Company's Demise?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 9, 9:13 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

snip

I hope we didn't make too many people fall asleep here. g

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

No Ed...I find it very interesting.

And I find it very interesting that the number of drugs being approved
have dropped significantly once the spotlight was shone on the FDA/
industry relationships of late.

I suspect the good old days for drug companies have ended.

They may have, but it's not because of anything the FDA is doing. By far the
biggest problem they face now is the shortage of new drugs (traditional,
"small molecule" drugs) in the testing/approval pipeline. The easy ones have
been taken. And patents are running out on some blockbusters.

Now it will start to get complicated, as the industry turns to drugs called
biologicals ("big molecule" drugs). Most of these are discovered by small
companies, so Big Pharma is on the prowl for buyouts.

Big Pharma is being squeezed from several directions. But the FDA and the
approval process, which were streamlined back in the '90s, is not their big
problem.

--
Ed Huntress