Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Does This Plier Exist?

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 15:14:33 -0700, AnimalMagic
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:58:51 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:57:05 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 21:22:26 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm looking for a Plier much like an olive or cherry pitter, but with
a larger diameter push-rod and a back-side hole diameter of 1" to
1-1/8"

Does such a thing exist?

Haven't seen one. Im thinking that the force required to push a 1"
diameter punch or whatever through most materials would render a plier
configuration less than optimal.

I Googled lever press and this popped to the top of the list:

http://www.janesvilletool.com/mpdt6000.htm

For a 1" hole, I think this is more or less what will be available.
Punches and dies sold separately, of course.

No intense force needed. Very cold object is foil packaging cuts
fingers ;-)

OK, Yoda. ;-) I think I know what you are up to. You want something
that can punch through the file packaging. The tolerances will probably
have to be closer than those for an olive pitter or the foil will just
fold around the punch. There are large paper punches sold at some arts
an crafts shops that might fit the bill.

As I write, I'm studying a snap-fastener plier to see if I can adapt
it.

In the packaging is the frozen food for my salt water fish ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Then why would you need a one inch hole?

It's cubes, ~1" on the diagonal.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |