chris French

Default Playing with meter tails

In message , Martin
writes

snip

I had no seal on my fuse for years and no meter reader ever noticed or
bothered to comment on it. A month ago I had my meter replaced, and to
save any questions I made up my own seal - stripped the plastic off a
thin piece of multi-strand elec wire and attached it with a piece cut
off an crimp. It looked reasonable enough, but even if it didn't and
anybody had said anything I wouldn't have cared too much. After all,
what are they likely to do? Take you to court for cutting off a
company seal?

MJ

When I moved in to my current house, there wasn't a seal on the main fuse
either; I asked the lecky company to check it over just in case the previous
owners had been fiddling the meter. They (eventually) sent someone round,
and just fitted a new seal, they didn't give a ... about checking the meter.

If you search for previous threads on this topic you'll find plenty of
people here who have pulled the fuse to work on the electrics.

Some have informed the Elec. Co. before hand, some after and some
haven't, either way the co. 's don't seemed bothered about it.
--
Chris French, Leeds