Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:06:08 -0400, "The Streets"
wrote:

Also, some old rotary phones were setup for party lines. In order to get
them to ring on single lines you have to make a small wiring change
inside the phone. It's easy to do but I haven't done it in awhile and don't
recall where on the internet I found the information -- a bit of Googling
was all it took.

This is way off topic, but it is funny to me.

We were on a party line when I was young. I picked up the phone one
day and a neighbor was ranting to the phone company.

He said........If I can't talk to my mother on Mother's day, you can
just come get this GD phone!

It will be in the front yard when you get here!