Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Replacing electrical wall outlets...

chicagofan wrote:
My house is 20 yrs. old, and I'm tired of leaving parts of these 3
pronged cable plugs in my outlets, because I can't remove them without
so much force. Living in the SE I have to unplug my computers, and
video stuff *frequently*, and just today destroyed another $50 surge
protector pulling it out of the wall.

Can anyone tell me what it would cost *roughly* to replace each box or
whatever is required? Or even if that is going to help, and make
these small appliances and data cables any easier to unplug? [That
is, hiring a professional electrician to do it.] TIA as always...

Barbara

A whole-house surge protector is indicated. About $50.

It attaches to the distribution system at the circuit-breaker box.