Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

"JLF" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 9, 9:45 am, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:
only because phones sometimes go out with the power. Not because it's a
rotary phone.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news If you'd paid the slightest attention to the other

posts, you'd not be so confident that it will work during a power outage.

That's what I meant. Thanks.

I like the idea of the option to not worry about electricity. Like the
laptop.org laptops which have the pull-cord option to charge it.

You don't have to go back to dial phones for that. There are a lot of touch tone
phones that operated off the phone line power. Older ones at least. Just look
for phones with no power connector. (Thrift shops, etc)

Bob