Posted to alt.home.repair
lee h lee h is offline

Default Replacing electrical wall outlets...

chicagofan wrote:
My house is 20 yrs. old, and I'm tired of leaving parts of these 3
pronged cable plugs in my outlets, because I can't remove them without
so much force. Living in the SE I have to unplug my computers, and
video stuff *frequently*, and just today destroyed another $50 surge
protector pulling it out of the wall.

In the last sixty years, I've unplugged many an AC cord, but I've
yet to 'leave parts of the plug' in the outlet! I hope you mean by
'pulling it out of the wall', you aren't pulling on the AC cord itself?
Rather than grasping the plug near the outlet and gently but firmly
unplugging it?

Just wondering.

lee