Posted to alt.home.repair
J.A. Michel J.A. Michel is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

Current DTV HD setups consist of the 5-LNB dish, WB-68 multi-switch, H-20
receiver, and an add-on B-Band converter. The 3-LNB dish will work for some
HD content, but not all.

DTV rolled out new HD channels at the end of Sept, none of which are
accessible with the 3-LNB dish. What you have is folks dumping their 3-LNB
dishes on ebay because they upgraded to 5-LNB.

DTV is planning to have 70 HD channels by the end of Oct. and 100 channels
by the end of the year. I have the current DTV HD setup, and the HD looks
*sweet* on my 42" Plasma.

"frank1492" wrote in message
I am considering purchase of a DirecTv dish, described as follows on
EBay:

NEW Direct TV HD TRIPLE LNB Satellite Dish DirecTV FTA

I currently have a SD DirecTv subscription and use one of the early
RCA receivers.

Is there any reason why I could not substitute this dish for my
current dish, which is an early single LNB model? I assume there
is backward compatibility of this dish with my equipment, but
just wanted to be sure.

Thanks very much for your help!
Frank