Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 14:31:55 -0400, George wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:52:28 +0000, frank1492 wrote:

I am considering purchase of a DirecTv dish, described as follows on
EBay:

NEW Direct TV HD TRIPLE LNB Satellite Dish DirecTV FTA

I currently have a SD DirecTv subscription and use one of the early
RCA receivers.

Is there any reason why I could not substitute this dish for my
current dish, which is an early single LNB model? I assume there
is backward compatibility of this dish with my equipment, but
just wanted to be sure.

Thanks very much for your help!
Frank
Call someone who installs DTV HD and ask them to be sure but I would
assume there is backwards compatibility from at least one of the LNB's.
I've been a DTV customer since 2000 btw. Also i have a friend who dabbled
with installing a DTV HD unit and he had one hell of a time setting the
dish up. You may consider getting a pro to install it if all possible.

There is no self install anymore. All of the equipment is owned by them.
You buy the service and they send someone over with the equipment and to
set it up.

You can go to Best Buy or any other chain store offering DTV and purchase
DTV components and install them yourself.. Or you can order new service
and not pay for anything.

My error, you can getjust a few items such as a replacement receiver.
The new install systems and all of the dishes etc are all factory
install only.