Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article .com,
JLF wrote:

I am thinking of buying an old rotary dial phone.

Go for it.

I understand that I need to have it set up for pulse dialing vs. the
more modern tone dialing.

Nope. Just take it home, plug it in ANY outlet/jack and USE it. No
special arrangements or wiring are needed.

It may, or may not, ring properly depending on how the old rotary set
is wired, but that is usually a non-issue.

Good point; and often fixable by reversing the two wires at the telephone
side of the connection.

Pop`

This, of course, assumes you subscribe to "conventional" telephone
service as opposed to VoIP (Vonage, etc). Have fun!