Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scribing floor tiles

Recently tiled a floor using 330 x 330mm tiles. When it came to the border
tiles I used the standard scribing technique e.g. the tile to be cut was
laid over the adjacent whole tile & marked using another whole tile.

This method works a treat & I've used it for tiles, laminate floor, deck
boards etc.

One wall was at an angle of maybe 35 - 40 degrees to the whole tiles & when
I scribed the first tile it was around 20mm too small. Next one I just
marked & compared by measuring the distances & sure enough it would have
been 20mm out.

Can't get my brain around this. How can it work on 'square' walls ( which
are always at a slight angle) but be so far out on an angled wall?

Is it the extreme angle?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk