Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

John Larkin wrote:

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:09:49 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message

XEQ P (the parallel resistance program :-) )

^^^ BTW, while everyone knows that the parallel impedance formula is 1/Result
= 1/Z1 + 1/Z2, for those of us who can get geeky with respect to calculators
and numerical methods, using Result = (Z1*Z2)/(Z1+Z2) is more accurate when Z1
is significantly larger or smaller than Z2... hence some of the motivation to
write a program to do it each time.

When I have anything worth programming, I do it in PowerBasic. It's
portable and archivable, and I can use double floats if needed. PB
even has 80-bit floats!

Is the new 35S okay? It looks complicated to me. I still have a couple
of HP35's that work, and they are ideal: simple, clean, and pi is in
plain sight.

They should have precisely cloned the 35!

They did come out with an anniversary edition of the 12C. Doesn't quite
have the robust feel of the old ones and unfortunately they did not do
the 11C. So I have to baby the 11C, make sure it lasts until retirement.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com