Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] deans@wdeans.com is offline

Default plug-in "permanent" house wiring

On Oct 9, 7:08 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
My assumption is that one uses a UPS to avoid power interruptions, giving
you a short time to safely save data and shut down. How is a system that you
have to manually throw a switch, assuming you are even there at the time,
going to help?

Greetings,

The addition of the DPDT switch makes the installation more
professional and more robust with increased applications and value
after the conclusion of the project with minimal extra work. Do you
think it is fair to call the flanged input and DPTP switch a "single
circuit generator input with manual transfer" when showing the house?
Do you think it will increase the home value more than the cost of the
switch?

I don't plan on ever flipping the switch in my installation. When the
power goes out I get notified on my phone. If it is out for very long
I have to plug the UPS into a generator or else the systems go into
hibernation. When the power comes back on the systems come out of
hibernation and continue as they were.

Hope this helps,
William