Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

In article .com,
JLF wrote:

On Oct 9, 7:20 am, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:
It'll work. just plug it in.

"JLF" wrote in message

oups.com...

I am thinking of buying an old rotary dial phone.
I understand that I need to have it set up for pulse dialing vs. the
more modern tone dialing.

So can one jack be set up the old fashioned way with the phone company
or does the entire account need to be set up one way or another?

Thank you. It is easier to post here than to try and call the phone
company itself.

J.

I like this answer the best.
I want the phone just for nostalgic/style reasons -- a light blue
princess phone from childhood.
And it would be nice to have a landline phone that works during a
power outage.

Thanks for all your ideas.

You like that answer because it's simplistic, and doesn't involve you
having to think. If you'd paid the slightest attention to the other
posts, you'd not be so confident that it will work during a power outage.