Posted to alt.home.repair
Homer[_2_] Homer[_2_] is offline

Default Repainting Water Stained Ceiling

On Oct 9, 7:36 am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Had a leak from an upstairs bathroom, that discolored the ceiling of the
room below. Leak now fixed.

Before I repaint the leaked area (turned brownish-orange), what do I want to
coat it with prior to the regular latex interior house paint.

I heard about a product called "Kilz".

Is this what I want, or is there something better ?

Do I have to scrape out all the damaged area first, or just put some more
spackle in there first, or... ?

Not too sharp with this, and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Bob

I saw in one of those TV shows that they used spray of Bleach/Javex or
other Cleaning products to clean it first and then paint it with
regular paint.