Posted to alt.home.repair
lagman lagman is offline

Default Smelly Basement Drain

All,

I have noticed that my basement seems to smell horrible every so
often. I think I have traced the smell to the drain in my basement.
While I was down there the other day, I heard it "gurgling" after my
wife had been running the kitchen faucet for a few minutes.

Is there any type of drain cover I can get that will eliminate the
smell, yet allow the drain to remain functional? The basement is
finished, and I have a sump pump that runs frequently. Also, the
moisture from the A/C flows into the drain, so I can't just plug the
drain.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Dan