Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

On 8 Oct, 23:58, JLF wrote:
I am thinking of buying an old rotary dial phone.
I understand that I need to have it set up for pulse dialing vs. the
more modern tone dialing.

So can one jack be set up the old fashioned way with the phone company
or does the entire account need to be set up one way or another?

Thank you. It is easier to post here than to try and call the phone
company itself.

J.

One additional item:

You might have to dial extra digits depending on what features you
have on your account. For example, if you have privacy turned on, so
that your number is not displayed, you might have to dial something
like 1177 to turn privacy off if the called party doesn't accept
private calls. i.e. *xx on pulse dialing becomes 11xx on a rotary
phone. While you're checking with your phone company to see if they
still support rotary phones, ask about using 11xx to toggle features
on and off.