Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_8_] Dave[_8_] is offline

Default Wood Windows & Doors

Pat wrote:
For fun and challenge I would like to make some inside (french doors)
and outside doors, and some windows. I know I don't need to. I know I
will not save any money by doing it, but I think it would be kinda
interesting.

Just in case you are building these for a Florida home (and some other
coastal areas), certain counties require you to have either "Florida
Approved" or "N.O.A.s (Miami/Dade Notice of Acceptance)" on any new or
replacement doors and windows.

Any recommendations for books on building windows? Books on building doors?

No ideas of any books I have always used plans when working with
Zeluck Inc. who specializes in wood windows and doors. There is
however a way to 'cheat' and get some of their plans and details. Log
onto the Miami/Dade website and download the NOA's from Zeluck. Here
is a quick link:
http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/build...p_alias=100942
You can also search for other wood doors and windows through this same
website:
http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/build...search_app.asp
There are very few companies that have approved WOOD doors or windows.
You can use this as a starting point.

Dave FL