Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default To pocket or not to pocket?

SWMBO wants two end tables and luckily for me the design is fairly
simple. This is what she wants me to build

http://www.thomasville.com/Item4819/...End-Table.aspx

The assembly instructions show that the legs are the standard
knockdown style with the mitered block behind the apron. I will of
course attach the legs to the apron using M & T joints. The shelf is
attached to the legs using pocket screws.

Is there a better way to secure that joint?
If I do use pocket screws how much material do I need to leave on the
Maple legs?
Any other ideas or design tweak suggestions?

I am planning on having the legs taper from 1 1/2" to 7/8" over 22"
leaving 3" untapered for the aprons.