Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

frank1492 wrote:
I need this dish for a second vacation house that I have. I will
shuttle the receiver back and forth between houses.
Are these 5-LNB units to be used excusively to receive HD
programming or for more SD? I guess what I should do is get
the 5-LNB dish for my principal residence, since I may go to HD
some day and am there the lion's share of the time. I would
then move my old dish to Maine as it will be used rarely. Does
that make sense?.

Makes sense to me. Why would you want to have to go up the ladder again to
place a dish when you inevitably upgrade at some point in the future?
Considering the small difference in cost, I'd put up the better dish now and
save myself the trouble later.

I think it's just a matter of time before TV is all high definition anyway.
People used to talk about color TV the same way they talk about HD today... and
look how that took off!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com