Peter Smithson

Default central heating not working

In article ,
says...

If the voltage going into the pump is 240v ac then it should be running.
If not it ought to be getting quite warm....
Often they seize up when not used in the summer and can be freed up by
removing the large round screw cover (with a coin) and rotating the end of
the shaft with a screwdriver. Do this with ch power off.

I think I've just got it going! I took that screw out and although I
could not move anything in there - there was just a blank plate with a
very slight indentation on it. So I tried to move it but no luck. I
put it back together, turned it on - nothing. So I put the speed marker
up to 3 from 2 and it's making a very slight noise and the boiler has
kicked in! Just checked - the radiators are warming up. So thanks for
the advice everyone - this is a nice news group.

Certainly seems like I need to invest in a new system a bit later
although all the radiators have those thermostats on so it's not that
wastefull a system. I think the annual bill is about £100 for gas (got
an electric cooker).

Cheers

Peter