Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JosephKK JosephKK is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB - LCNORM.zip

John Larkin posted to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic:

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 10:09:49 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
XEQ P (the parallel resistance program :-) )

^^^ BTW, while everyone knows that the parallel impedance formula is
1/Result = 1/Z1 + 1/Z2, for those of us who can get geeky with
respect to calculators and numerical methods, using Result =
(Z1*Z2)/(Z1+Z2) is more accurate when Z1 is significantly larger or
smaller than Z2... hence some of the motivation to write a program
to do it each time.

When I have anything worth programming, I do it in PowerBasic. It's
portable and archivable, and I can use double floats if needed. PB
even has 80-bit floats!

Is the new 35S okay? It looks complicated to me. I still have a
couple of HP35's that work, and they are ideal: simple, clean, and
pi is in plain sight.

They should have precisely cloned the 35!

John

Each to their own, my prince of breed is the HP45.

I have a couple of surviving slide rules, from high school and college
days.