Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

In article .com,
JLF wrote:

I am thinking of buying an old rotary dial phone.
I understand that I need to have it set up for pulse dialing vs. the
more modern tone dialing.

So can one jack be set up the old fashioned way with the phone company
or does the entire account need to be set up one way or another?

Thank you. It is easier to post here than to try and call the phone
company itself.

J.

It might be easier to post here, but we can't tell you what your phone
company can: Do they still support pulse dialing, and if so, is there a
surcharge for users.