Posted to alt.home.repair
JLF JLF is offline

Default Can I use a vintage rotary pulse dial phone with tone dialing in the house as well?

On Oct 8, 9:10 pm, Robert Barr wrote:
So can one jack be set up the old fashioned way with the phone company

Most of my phones are touch-tone (even that term is dated) but I still
have a rotary dial phone. I don't use it often enough to bother
replacing it, and I rarely dial out on that phone. It takes nothing
special, account-wise.

The jacks are super-easy to install. Your local borg or Radio Shack
will have everything you need.

Oh, so it would require installing a special jack? Do you mean the
kind of jack that's the modern cord fits into -- with the plastic
thingee that you press to get into the jack? This phone I'm thinking
of is already adapted for a modern jack.

I was more worried about the pulse vs. touch tone sound issue... have
I confused you? I'm getting confused...

Thanks.