Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default "Tall" Water Heaters are not taller?

On Oct 8, 7:43 pm, " wrote:
I should have given more info. here are the two water heaters I was
looking at:

Standard:http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=188427-...

Tall:http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=219112-...

Shows they are the same height...weird.

Thanks,
Kevin

Surprising that no one else has posted a "real" reply.

Water heaters are either "short" or "tall". Where I am, the "tall"
ones are the most common. I have never seen a heater over 40 gallons
that is available as a "short", so it is a little puzzling why Lowe's
called the one "tall" in their info, because, to my knowledge, they
don't make a 50 gallon "short".

This is probably why the 1st one you listed doesn't say short or tall.

Hope this clears things up.

JK