Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Is This DirecTv Dish Compatible with My Receiver?

I need this dish for a second vacation house that I have. I will
shuttle the receiver back and forth between houses.
Are these 5-LNB units to be used excusively to receive HD
programming or for more SD? I guess what I should do is get
the 5-LNB dish for my principal residence, since I may go to HD
some day and am there the lion's share of the time. I would
then move my old dish to Maine as it will be used rarely. Does
that make sense?.
Thanks very much!
Frank

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:11:44 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

frank1492 wrote:
I am considering purchase of a DirecTv dish, described as follows on
EBay:

NEW Direct TV HD TRIPLE LNB Satellite Dish DirecTV FTA

I currently have a SD DirecTv subscription and use one of the early
RCA receivers.

Is there any reason why I could not substitute this dish for my
current dish, which is an early single LNB model? I assume there
is backward compatibility of this dish with my equipment, but
just wanted to be sure.

Thanks very much for your help!
Frank

It is probably compatible but you should consider that the current line
of DirecTV dishes are 5-LNB slimline units and the older antennas won't
work for their newest satellites which are being put into operation this
month.