Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Plumbing help

On Oct 8, 5:33 pm, "Mark" wrote:
"terry" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 6, 3:41 am, "benick" wrote:
"Rudy" wrote in message

news:IRCNi.3325$_K.2798@pd7urf3no...

Can vent pipes have elbows
yes

Thanks for the replies..The job just got easier....lol

Further. To avoid several holes in our roof (kitchen, bathroom, main
stack etc.) we took all our vents through the attic to one place (the
main vent stack) and joined them all together for one vent through the
roof. The kitchen for example is some 20+ feet from the main stack
vent.
Been that way since 1970, no problems. Everything vents as it should.

This might or might not meet code in some areas. Here in central Ohio USA I
think it does, but I think in some areas it may not. Regardless there is
probably some limit to how many fixtures (sinks, tubs, toilets) that can go
thru one vent.- Hide quoted text -

In this area it would'nt has we won't allow more than 2 45s at most to
a stack and 3 toilets least it is 6 inch Remember that no toilet
should be more than 5 feet from the stack as this is physics of water
not some code. Also if doing sinks after 10 ft they should be done in
2 inch as better flow is achieved. And after 12 feet a secondery vent
is required just makes for better flow and drainage.