Anthony

Default OSHA

"Backlash" wrote in
:

In the training by OSHA reps that I have had, there are at least two
kinds of Osha officers. Training officers, which he was, and
compliance officers, who carry badges. He said if you stall a
compliance officer longer than 15 minutes or so in the lobby, he will
leave and come back with a deputy and a warrant to enter the premises.
If they are there to examine your air compressors, for example, you
can leave the lobby and go around the outside of the building to show
them to the officer. If you go through the building, or pass anything
that catches his eye, he is required to address infractions as he sees
them. Apparently, they do not always do generalized inspections.
In the installation of a new roof on the factory, an officer showed
up at
the base of the ladder and wanted to talk to the roofing contractor
about his lack of perimeter roping. I was on the roof. He was not
interested in any other functions going on relative to the factory
itself. The inspector told them that a rival roofing contractor told
him about it, and physically lead him to the jobsite. Ain't that
chicken****?
The training officer also told us that a backhoe working in sight of
the
highway was an OSHA MAGNET. Personal cave-in protection for the pit
worker must often go lacking.

RJ

Just had a man killed locally Friday in a trench cave-in. Another man in
the ditch survived, but with a dislocated leg and other injuries. It
took 5 hours to get the survivor out. Installing a sewer line, and I bet
there was no cage in the ditch either, although the paper never said one
way or another.

--
Anthony

better idiots.