Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
nesesu nesesu is offline

Default Heathkit CT-1 problem ?

On Oct 8, 5:03 pm, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
Dave
Thanks for the offer but I have a manual copy that seems to be god
enough..
I'm hoping some one who sees the post and has a CT-1 has the time to
take a look inside to see if there;s really a 5 mmf cap across the coil.
Right now I'm trying to recall what junkbox of my many might have one..
Hank"DaveM" wrote in message

. ..

Henry, I just opened mine and it has a 10pF NPO ceramic across the end
of the coil opposite the green dot [the left end looking from the
rear]. The frequency of the oscillation in not as critical as it
operating over the range of loads, so I should try 10pF and see how it
works with a variety of capacitor values under test. If it craps out
at either end of the load range, try 5, 15 or 20pF and see how it
goes.

Neil S.