Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make it better)?

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 13:08:36 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

For my Rain-X applications I clean the glass well first with decent
glass cleaner. I find the Zep brand glass cleaner seems to be one of the
best. Once the glass is clean and dry and also cooler and out of the
direct sun I apply the Rain-X and buff well with one of the micro fiber
cloths. I make a complete pass around to all the windows and then make a
second pass paying extra attention to the final buffing with a second
dry micro fiber cloth.

I never have any issues with streaks or spots and the Rain-X action
lasts for a few months. I do prefer the spray bottle Rain-X over the old
"lighter fluid bottle" type for ease of application.

They don't sell enough lighter fluid anymore, so they had to
discontinue the bottles.