Posted to rec.autos.tech,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Did Rain-x ruin my windshield or is it normal (how to make it better)?

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 10:45:39 -0700, Slacker
wrote:

My windshield is fine except in the morning when the dew and sunshine
combine to make it impossible to see due to this naughty spotty on/off film
that I just can't windshield wipe off. Even the mirrors are spotty in the
morning. The rear and side windows are fine.

I wouldn't use rainx on the mirrors, because they don't fog up and
they don't get wet normally, but maybe someone does.

I used rainx once and I like it. In a mild rain you don't have to turn
on the wipers, because the rain is flat and you can look right through
it.

But it needed reapplication in less than 3 or 6 months and that was
too much effort for me since the car came with windshield wipers.

If the wipers were broken, it would be a tremendous asset until you
got them fixed.

I'd be surprised if somone put rainx on and it lasted longer than 6
months, but maybe they put on more than one coat.

When mine wore off, I noticed no patches, but maybe I konw how to; put
it on evenly.

I don't know what adsorb means, but I'm pretty sure you can remove the
stuff, or the patches will get bigger until it's all patch, like
impetigo.