Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Tall" Water Heaters are not taller?

On Oct 8, 3:49?pm, " wrote:
Lowes has a big selection on Whirlpool water heaters. Some of them
are called 'Tall' water heaters and some are just plain old water
heaters. However, the only dimensional difference I see between the
'Tall' and 'standard' is in the diameter. What is up with that?
The 'Tall' water heaters also seem to have a slightly higher energy
factor (about 10% higher). I assume that's because they have more
insulation (contributing to the larger diameter).....?

Any anyone shed some light on this for me?

perhaps the display doesnt accurately reflect the height bin some way?

new heaters are more efficent having better insulation and a slightly
larger diameter