Gunner

Default Nice write up about LEDs

On Sun, 16 May 2004 05:53:57 -0700, John Ings
wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004 07:39:10 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

for mutual defense, and perhaps most significantly, to protect against
the tyranny of our own government. [2]

My country doesn't have a tyrannous government. Neither does yours,
all your paranoia notwithstanding.

Really? Cites?

What your country does have is a
greedy arms industry.

Really? Cites?

Now every other drunk in your bars has a
Saturday Night Special

Cites?
and the drug dealers are better armed than the
police.

Most of the drug dealers carry Glocks..the same as the cops. Snicker.
Combat Tupperware. Cites btw?

I realize that you've let things get so out of control down
there that it would take decades to eliminate all the unnecessary
weapons flooding your country, but don't ask me to let my country come
to the same desperate straits. Especially not with the rationalization
that I need to defend myself against duly elected authority.

Do you ever foresee the need? The Founders of America did. Need the
cites? Btw..hows Registration coming along? Im assuming you are a
Cannuck by your usage of the term "down there"

Hey....I forgot to ask..how many households in Canada have a firearm?
Percentage wise?
http://www.outdoors.net/site/feature...+Search Term+

Ooooh...nearly as many firearms as Americans...the horror..the
horror....

Maybe those guns do protect a few citizens from thugs, but they kill
more family members than thugs, and that's a fact. Not one handgun
owner in a thousand has the training necessary to use their weapon in
a shootout with something other than a paper target. And while there
are a few states in the US that have the necessary terrain for
successful guerilla warfare, most don't. So if trained regular
infantry come looking for your militia, they aren't going to last
long.

More family members than thugs? Been reading Kellerman again.
Snicker...I should mention he admitted lying..er..making an error in
his calculations..something about 43 times more likely, was it not?

Even in Canada..this is bogus..

"The best available Canadian research indicates that firearms used in
self-defence by law-abiding Canadians exceeds the total number of
gun-related deaths by a ratio of forty to one, saving more lives each
year than are lost through the misuse of guns. In Canada, a civilian
uses a firearm in defence of self, family or property (excluding
police, military and security guard duties) an average of once every
nine minutes, and half of these incidents involve defence against
human threats. Firearms are used over twice as often in self-defence
as they are in criminal violence, and save at least 3,300 lives every
year. The self-defence use of firearms saves the Canadian economy
hundreds of millions of dollars annually by protecting property
against theft and vandalism, and reduces medical costs by preventing
injury from criminal assault and wild animal attacks."

Lets look at some facts shall we?

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdgaga.html

How about a systematic rebuttal of Kellerman?
http://guncite.com/gun-control-kellermann-3times.html

I suggest Bruce Catton's Civil War trilogy as a good reference to
consult with respect to what happens when state militias start taking
their guns off the wall to resist federal armies.

Since when are we discussing State Militias and the War of Northern
Agression? Is that really where you want to go? EG

John....peruse this link a bit..

http://www.gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell