Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

Rich Grise wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 03:22:47 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
clare, at, snyder.on.ca wrote:

Never heard of a pressure regulator? 15psi air won't damage anything,
and except in desert conditions moisture is generally more of a problem
with shop air than static charge.

I suppose you've never heard of a special nozzle made for
electronics. It has a radioactive isotope to prevent static problems.
Microdyne leased two of them for the production floor, because the
manufacturer didn't sell them.

Central Florida isn't a desert, but I suppose you've never seen a
commercial air compressor with a dryer?

Of course it needs to be dried; every day we have to empty the
water out of the bottom of our compressor tank, probably because
the vapor gets compressed right along with the air, and condenses
out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=40211

But I'd think it would take some heroics to actually _dessicate_ the
air; and I'd think that in FL there'd be enough ambient humidity
to drain off any static.

If it's that humid in the plant, you have way too many problems with
the reflow ovens and toombstoning.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell