Gunner

Default Nice write up about LEDs

On Sun, 16 May 2004 10:33:47 -0700, John Ings
wrote:

On Sun, 16 May 2004 11:45:15 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

If we could get ALL the guns out of circulation I agree it would cut down on
gun crime by criminals but it would leave the government free to do as it
pleased with our rights. In the end the elected official having to come home
to an armed electorate has balancing effect on the way he views his job.

Oh foo! Your congesscritter is honest only because he's afraid his
electorate will shoot him?

They understand that there is a certain line they cannot cross, after
which they will be hoist from a lamp post. That line has been toed on
several occasions..but never crossed.

You
seldom see coupe in well armed countries except when they are tossing out
corrupt governments.

There are no countries as "well armed" as the US, where any gang
banger can get all the automatic weapons he wants.

Really? How many automatic weapons have been used in crimes in the UK
lately? Snicker..quite a number. As to the US..few automatic weapons
are used in crimes, as the user goes away for the rest of his life.

As to as well armed citizens as the US..there are other countries with
similar gun ownership rates. Norway for example. Now there is a hotbed
of crime..no?

You have cites to the contrary? Or are you simply blowing emotional
smoke out your ass?

Lets take a look at some comparisons shall we?
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvinco.html

Perhaps you will note the country of Mexico. It has a total ban on
firearms. Note the homicide rate for both firearm and non firearm
homicides.

Northern Ireland. Wide open ownership of legal firearms..no?
Chuckle..check out the rates.

New Zealand. Now how come with only 7% less firearms than the US,
they have a far far smaller homicide rate than the UK? For any weapon?

Do guns cause crime?

http://hnn.us/articles/871.html

It appears not.

If you trust your government to always act in you best interest into the
future I have some tropical beach front property in Oklahoma I would like to
sell you. Most governments in the world are set up as democracies and are
the tyranny of the many over the few.

And you advocate those few taking up arms in order to do as they damn
well please?

Of course not. We are a lawabiding citizenry. Evidently far more so
than your subjects, given that the UK has since passed the US in
crimes against persons and burglary of occupied dwellings.

Since its no longer lawful to smoke a burglar entering your home..they
seem to be taking advantage of this fact..snicker...

On the other hand..it was the beliefs of our founders that we are
indeed required to take up arms against a tyrannical government, or
another King George. (pun intended)

As are the English. Too bad you lads are unable to do so, even when
its the Bosch knocking at your front door.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell