Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Applying sledgehammer to computer hard drives

On 2007-10-08, RDF wrote:
The magnets inside the drive have to be the coolest things on the planet!
They are a pain to deal with but once you get them out they are very useful
to have around if anyone has never pulled one apart I'd recommend it just
for the parts.

You can buy them by the hundred on eBay, for not too much, in my more
useful shapes. I have a lot of rare earth magnets and they are very
useful, but extracting them from hard drives is not cost effective (I
tried).

You trying isn't saying much. You can't handle a hammer- there's not
much you could do with a torx driver.