Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Finished Long Parts Tumbler

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 11:02:50 -0700, scribed:

On Oct 7, 10:40 am, TMN wrote:

Are the black ends caps plumbing items.

Yes, it's 4" ABS and caps. I would have preferred 6", but I didn't
feel like ordering it. I might have to put some texture on the sides
to minimize slippage. I'm also going to experiment with materials on
the inside walls. You need something that allows the media to stick a
little to the sides so you get a good sloshing effect. I'll probably
try some of that shower basin liner sheet stuff first.

Dave

Looks nice.

Mebbe try some of that sticky back sheet you get for not slipping on
stair treads for both the in and out. Seems pretty inexpensive, and
comes in easily cut lengths. I dinna know how the holding power is of
the sticky back is under heat though.

Been on my steps now through 4 New England winters if that is any
testament. How it holds up an a rotary deburr is another question.

Best,

Phred