Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

Broadback wrote:
Skipweasel wrote:
In article . com,
says...
I need a solution to stop doors being slammed by teenage kids, which
in turn shakes the whole house.

Remove the doors. They soon learn that they'd rather have doors and
some privacy but learn not to slam them than have no doors at all.

Rather off topic, but do you think that the politicians protecting
children to the Nth degree has contributed to the terrible crimes that a
(relatively) few young people commit? Is there any way left for society
to reasonably punish misdemeanants before they commit more serious
offences?

Absolutely

On my day there was a range of punishments, from being verbally abused
through a slap round the buttocks to formal caning. If you cared to
explore teh various route you would find it increasingly unpleasant.

SOME of my class mates ONLY responded to physical punishment. Words
simply didn't feature.

Today, you cannot, unless you are an officer of the law etc, punish a
child in any way whatsoever..i am sure somewhere there is some bloody
teenager complaining to some human right court the being deprived of his
pocket money is a cruel and unusual punishment. So natirally there s no
warning when they DO overstep the line.

I can't remember any innate conscience or feelings of guilt associated
with any of my many misdemeanours, certainly none as powerful as the
fear of getting caught, and being whacked round the bum, which bloody
HURTS.

I don't think a sense of the self in respect to the rest of society
develops until post puberty.