Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A solution to stop doors slamming/being slammed?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

Is there some sort of fear of treating children like people?

Do you think children aren't people?
AIUI children, teenagers, adults are all people.

What amazes me is that most children, even the worst (in our eyes) grow into
sensible, responsible adults. Just as we did ...

Why should it amaze you? Being adult bmens being able to cope with life:
If they don;t learn that they have to say at home. This sets up a
perfect situation to encourage leaving.

What amazes ME is teh parents don;t want kids to grow up. They want to
control and dominate and bend their opinions forever. They can't ger
around to rtreating the kids as adults and friends. They are still
'theor baybees'

Bleagh.

No wonder the kids screw up. The *parents* never grew up.

One of my nephews is a 'problem' chld. I simply told him: If you want
the good things of life that society can give you, you have to bend to
society's rules, irrespective of whatever you personally may think. He
never given me any trouble.

Mostly because unlike his parents I don't care what he chooses to be. I
only care that he doesn't impinge on me personally in an adverse way. If
he does I tell him. If not, I let him do what he likes.

I remember a neighbour despairing that she was rearing juvenile delinquents,
I thought they were delightful - just as she thought our five were. Parents
see things others don't, perhaps we expect/ed too much.

Hers became the classic doctor and lawyer ... mine didn't but they are now
adults who give more to society than they take from it.

And shout at their children for banging doors or leaving them open :-)

Time heals most ills. Except that it will get worse before it gets better
:-(

Mary

Mary