Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default local TV what antenna?

wrote:

On Oct 8, 7:52 am, "Pete C." wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Try cheapest solution first- rabbit ears. Radio Shack, or even local
thrift store. If all the stations you want are within 20 miles or so, they
may work well enough.

aem sends...

This site just confirmed why I have cable. Nearest stations to me are 28
miles, most are 40, but the ones in my state that I prefer to watch are all
over 50 miles.

That's a problem in the hilly northeast, not so much in the flatter
parts of the country.

As part of the overall consideration, I'd factor in that NTSC
broadcasting over the air is scheduled to be turned off in less than
18 months. So, at that point, you'd need an antenna appropriate to
received digital, as well as a TV with an ATSC tuner or an external
ATSC tuner/converter to use with older TVs.

That would be a problem if there was anything worth watching on OTA TV.
I have cable, mostly because my work pays for the cable modem and the
package isn't a lot more, and even with cable there are only about three
channels I watch with any regularity.