Posted to sci.electronics.repair
systemtek systemtek is offline

Default PTK195Y06B pincushion problem

On 8 Oct, 09:02, bribieboy wrote:
My father-in-law has an RCA P52960 TV with severe pincushioning. It
only appeared to happen after the local cable company changed from TWC
to Comcast and they installed a new digital cable box. I think this
is just coincidence but maybe I'm wrong.

The centre is fine but the outsides are terrible. I have a pic I can
send.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

Is it possible you can try another TV ? It might be a fault with the
TV or a rare fault with the cable box possibly. Maybe pincushion
settings if the TV has any that can be adjusted, not familair with RCA
stuff as im in the UK but some do have the option to change such
settings.

Duncan