Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Mystery block- what the heck is it?

"Randy" wrote in message

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/pkdickma...762405340339/p
hoto/294928804444603772/0

Strikes me as a fixture for holding rods to position a test
indicator/dial indicator.

--
Possible, but 7/16 seems like an odd size for an indicator rod.

Paul K. Dickman

7/16 is the diameter of the rod holding the diamond of my wheel
dresser...which has a multitude of holes drilled at various angles

Gunner

I'll second this, 7/16 is common for a diamond dresser. Differant
mounting angles for even wear on your diamond.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

This seems to be the best guess.

It explains the hole size, the multiple angles, and why the actual angles do
not seem to match anything.

I do think it was some sort of apprenticeship project, just one that was
also useful.

Paul K. Dickman