Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Applying sledgehammer to computer hard drives

In article ,
Ignoramus17253 wrote:

I had a surprising experience recently. I took a couple of hard drives
and tried to destroy them with a 8 lb sledgehammer. I put a hard drive
on an anvil

Waste of a couple of large rare-earth magnets (per drive) you could get
by disassembling (sometimes only 1, sometimes a few tiny ones as well).

Not to mention nice aluminum for casting, when you strip off the other
crap, and some reasonable bearings. Sledgehammer - how...subtle.