Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Please ID this tree/wood - WoodID.jpg (1/1)

"Calvin" wrote

Chinese elm?

Could be ... although the leaves of the elm tree family can fool you. I've
got protective fencing around two of them on a new construction site and,
since I had to name them for a required "tree survey/protection plan" a few
months ago, I did a bit of research just to determine what they were.

Here is a good site to see the Chinese Elm's particulars:

http://www.galvbayinvasives.org/Guid...lmusParvifolia

The bark on the Chinese Elm is distinctive and a dead giveaway,
identification by the leaves alone can be ambiguous.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07