Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Extend the life the TV lamp

"James Sweet" writes:

"Art" wrote in message
Certianly hope you did not mind handling the mercury (HG) during that
procedure, BTW did you do in on the kitchen table also?

There's very little mercury in one of those lamps. I wouldn't sprinkle it in
my food, but there's no need for the paranoia about it either. An old
thermometer contains hundreds of times the mercury.

There's such paranoia about mercury when so many common chemicals are
much more hazardous.....

I used to play with mercury as a kid and look what happened... I turned
into an engineer. Ooops.