Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Wiring - 2 radials into 1 MCB, amongst other things...

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 19:50:35 +0100 someone who may be RichardS
OREPLY wrote
this:-

Now, I'm pretty sure that I have read here before from the 'lectrical
cognoscenti that 2 radials into one MCB was unusual, but permissable.
Of course I can't find the post now... Due to the layout of the shed
workspaces & with thoughts of economy of installation, I'd prefer to
install 2 radial circuits rather than one ring, so this is how I wired
it.

Quick discussion with electrician today revealed he had a different take
on it, and that he didn't think that such an arrangement could be
compliant.

To add to what the others have said, it would be good practice for
this radial circuit should be labelled as a radial to avoid any
future confusion.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh